CategoriesBack to collections page
This tarantula was donated by Mr Hodkinson to Cliffe Castle in October 1957. The museum has number of tarantulas dating back 100 years that all came from Keighley Fruit Market at various times.
Large tropical spiders still turn up in tropical food imports today. Although it’s been over 70 years since anyone donated one to the museum! Three specimens are now on display – Mr Hodginson’s donation is in the spiders display and another one is in the Evolution of Insects explaining why spiders are not insects.
Gearoid MacaGhobhainn, Cliffe Castle Museum, Keighley