509 Arts is committed to protecting your privacy and data. We will use the information that we collect about you in accordance with data protection law.
WHO WE ARE
509 Arts is a Bradford-based cultural company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales number 07526769. Our trading address is 8 Sherwood Grove, Shipley BD18 4LB. We operate the websites 509arts.co.uk, landlinesandwatermarks.org and bradfordrevealed.org
We aim to be clear when we collect your data and not do anything with it which you wouldn’t reasonably expect. Developing a better understanding of our clients, customers and supporters through personal data allows us to provide you with relevant and timely information about the work that we do. It helps us to make better decisions about our programme and how we communicate events and experiences.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
You give us your information by signing up to receive emails from us; by signing up for one of our other events; participating in or contributing material to our projects; signing up to a workshop or buying a ticket for an event we organise; by giving feedback or corresponding with us.
The information we hold about you may include:
- Your name, postal address, telephone number and email address
- Date of birth, age
- Links to and information from social media accounts
- Particular access needs
- Image and likeness (as captured on participant videos or photographs we use for documenting our projects or promotional purposes)
- Your preferences for how we communicate with you about our activities
- Information that is available publicly
- Sensitive information if required (see below for more details)
We keep a record of the emails we send you, and we may track whether you receive or open them, so we can make sure we are sending you the most relevant information. We may then track any subsequent actions you take online, such as buying a ticket.
Social media platforms
Information from other sources
We may also collect information about you from other sources, such as:
- ticket agents who transfer information to us when you book a ticket for one of our events
- other arts organisations or partners that we work with, but only if you have given consent. You should check that organisation’s privacy notice when you provide your information to understand fully how they will process and safeguard your data
- information about how you use our website from analytics providers such as Google
Sometimes we ask you to provide sensitive information, for example:
- if you require wheelchair access, an assistance dog, assisted hearing for audio descriptions, BSL interpretation, seats near the exit, step-free access or a seat for an essential companion; or
- if you or a child is participating in a workshop, details of any allergies or health information that may affect your or the child’s participation or for us to use in the case of a medical emergency during the workshop.
You may give us additional information about children, if they are participating in events and services we provide, for example date of birth, age, next of kin details and any specific needs. We only collect information we need to facilitate participation, to plan activities appropriately, for safeguarding and health and safety requirements, for monitoring purposes and to manage age-specific activity and development. As with all the personal information we hold, sensitive information is held securely and restricted to those who need to use it. We will delete information when we no longer need it.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
We aim to be clear with you about how we use your personal data and only to use your personal data in ways which you would reasonably expect.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly we will use your data:
- to perform a contract with you, such as when you book a ticket for an event, or when we need to contact you with important information relating to your booking
- as part of our legitimate interests as an arts company to provide you with and improve our services. This might include sending you information by post about news, events, services, offers and opportunities to get closer to the company and support our work
- to comply with a legal obligation, such as when you exercise your rights under data protection law or when we have to report to or respond to a request from government or law enforcement officials (such as reporting Gift Aid details to HMRC) or to prevent illegal activity
- based on your consent, for example when you have specifically consented to use of your information, for example to send you updates via email about what’s on, offers, news or about supporting us or sharing your details with our partner organisations where you’ve consented to this.
We use your data to:
- Ensure we know how you prefer to be contacted
- Provide you with event tickets or workshop information or respond to information you have asked for
- Help give you the best possible customer service and experience, and for you to send us your feedback
- Tell you about changes in our services or new services, events, offers, competitions or opportunities to support us that we think you’ll find of interest
- Show you (and people like you) adverts via social media platforms and Google products for our services, events, offers, competitions or opportunities to support us. You can opt out of targeted advertising on these platforms, but this may make the advertising you see less relevant.
- Occasionally invite you to participate in customer research
- Improve our services and our website through data and statistical analysis and research
- Record and investigate health and safety incidents should they happen at our events or activity programme
- Verify your identity for security purposes
- Prevent fraud
- Manage our business, including keeping financial records.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We will not share any of your personal details with any other third parties without your agreement, unless required in order to fulfil our contract with you (such as when you book a ticket for an event) or allowed by law.
We may share your personal information with our trusted partners, sub-contractors and agents that we may appoint to perform functions on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions, including payment providers, ticketing system providers, email distribution services, marketing service providers, IT service providers, postal mailing providers, accountants, auditors and lawyers. We may share your personal information which is then hashed into randomised code, with social media platforms for the purposes of targeting advertising and completing data analytics.
We will never sell your personal data to any other agencies or companies.
We may need to disclose your details if required to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers or if required to by law or where we need to protect you or other people from harm.
GIVING YOU CONTROL
With your consent, we will email you about news, events, services, offers and opportunities to support us. Services might include participation and workshop activity, for example.
The accuracy of your personal information is important to us. Please help us keep our records up-to-date by telling us when your contact details or other personal information change or if you change your mind about how you want us to contact you.
If you have opted out of marketing or fundraising communications, we may still get in touch with you regarding your booking. For example, we may email you to give you important information about the show you’ve booked for, with any changes that affect you.
Please be aware that if you fail to provide us with your personal information or ask us to stop using your information, we may not be able to provide certain services to you: we will let you know if this is the case.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR DATA SAFE
Your personal data will be held and processed on secure servers, which are protected by relevant security software and firewalls. In addition, we limit access to it to those of our employees and trusted service providers who have a need to know it.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator when required to do so.
We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website before it reaches us, and any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use security features as outlined above to keep your information safe.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will only keep your personal information in accordance with data protection law for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of, deleted or cached in a secure manner.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of the information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
In certain circumstances, you have the following rights related to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of personal information we hold about you
- The right to request us to correct information that’s wrong, delete it or to request that we only use it for certain purposes
- The right to object to our processing of your data, including for direct marketing purposes
- The right to request that we provide your personal information to you or another organisation in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
- The right to change your mind and ask us to stop using your data, for example, by unsubscribing from marketing emails. Please be aware that if you ask us to stop using your information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services: we’ll let you know if that is the case.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office or Fundraising Regulator
- Email us email@example.com
- Write to us at: 509 Arts, 8 Sherwood Grove, Shipley BD18 4LB
Last updated: 19 August 2020